We are very excited to announce that we’ll be present at the Tall Ships Festival in Woolwich on Saturday 29th August. The festival is part of the five day event being organised by Royal Greenwich during which a whole host of visiting ships will be moored in Woolwich and Greenwich.
We’ll be in Woolwich on the Saturday and we’ll be bringing our Saker cannon and lots of new merchandise including some fantastic t-shirts carrying the design above that you can buy to help us with our fund-raising.
Festival events will be in full swing in Woolwich Town Centre – on Powis Street and General Gordon Square – and at Royal Arsenal Riverside, including No 1 Street with family entertainment from 10am till 10pm.
The line-up for the day includes:
– Live music with special guests
– Roving entertainers
– Nautical-themed children’s activities
– Traditional funfair rides
– Vintage vehicles
– Food and licensed bars
– A fireboat from the Fire Brigade
– Information stalls from local and national nautical organisations
– Nautical history re-enactors (musket-ball making, dockside rope and cordwaining, plus a – Naval encampment and Georgian Naval crews)
– Sunset picnic area
– Food, bar and activities at the Firepower Museum
– Local history and children’s activities at the Heritage Centre
– Fireworks grand finale at 10pm on the river